Why I’m Extremely Thankful For All The Craziness In My Life

27 Nov

so-thankful

Because tomorrow I very much plan on being too busy to blog, I’m writing my oh-so-original Thanksgiving post right now.

Thanksgiving’s probably my favorite holiday.

Not just because I can shamelessly consume about 35 lbs of food in 8 hours, but because it’s a no-stress day where I can just reflect on all I have.

Throughout the year, we complain.

Every day we complain, really.

Ugh traffic sucks.

Ugh I can’t believe I have to go to work.

Ugh I can’t believe I have to go to school.

Ughhhhh why isn’t my Wi-Fi working?!?!?!

That’s our life.

Usually.

But not on Thanksgiving.

Nope, on Thanksgiving I make a very concious effort to not complain about anything.

Because when I really stop to think about it, I don’t have anything worth those complaints.

I have an amazing family and a boyfriend as crazy as me who I love dearly.

I have friends, a roof over my head, my health, and an income.

I have the ability to think for myself.

I have the ability to challenge existing beliefs because I have the mental capacity to do so.

I have TiVo and NetFlix and a cat who I treat like my child.

Sure, I have plenty of chaotic days. Days that leave me exhausted.

But that exhaustion comes from actually having things to do.

From actually having goals to work towards.

Yes, my life’s a big hot mess most of the time, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world.

Because I have everything I’ll ever need.

Actually, I have more.

Don’t Wait, Be Happy Now

Relax, Being Lost is a Good Thing

Random Ramblings on Being a Young Adult

9 Responses to “Why I’m Extremely Thankful For All The Craziness In My Life”

1. Terry Irving November 27, 2013 at 9:42 am #

Reblogged this on Hey Sweetheart, Get Me Rewrite!.

2. The Sandwich Lady November 27, 2013 at 9:43 am #

This was a beautiful post that made me stop, reflect and count my own blessings too. Thank you and happy Thanksgiving!

• Kayla Cruz November 27, 2013 at 10:00 am #

Thank you so much, Catherine. We all have a lot to be thankful for. Enjoy your Thanksgiving tomorrow, and have a great day!

3. Katie November 27, 2013 at 10:15 am #

Very true and well said! Happy Thanksgiving!

• Kayla Cruz November 27, 2013 at 10:18 am #

Same to you, girl! Hope you have an awesome Thanksgiving!

4. Rachel Murphree November 27, 2013 at 1:07 pm #

Well said, Kayla. That’s one of my favorite parts of this holiday, the way that it makes you reflect on all that you have to be grateful for. Even when life can be chaotic, it’s still a great life!
    - Rachel @ With Love, Rachel

5. Sean Breslin November 27, 2013 at 5:15 pm #

We’re all so busy these days that we can forget to stop and think about all the great things we have. Thank you for this!

6. lizziebeadon November 28, 2013 at 5:05 am #

I love this:

“Sure, I have plenty of chaotic days. Days that leave me exhausted.

But that exhaustion comes from actually having things to do.

From actually having goals to work towards.”

It’s so true. Often we complain about how ‘busy’ we are. We should be celebrating that we’re not twiddling our thumbs with nothing to do and no goals to accomplish. Thanks for sharing this, Kayla :) and have a great Thanksgiving.

7. RMSmithJr.SPHR November 30, 2013 at 6:41 am #